Principal Engineer, Intel Corp.
|Home Page | LinkedIn |Google Scholar|
Tim Mattson is a principal engineer in the Parallel Computing Lab at Intel. His research focuses on technologies that help programmers write parallel applications. This includes programming languages (OpenMP and OpenCL), parallel design patterns, and parallel math libraries.
ISTC for Big Data Roles
- ISTC Principal Investigator
- BigDAWG polystore system
- BLAS-like routines to support graphs in the language of linear algebra
- OpenCL programming language for heterogeneous computers
- Parallel Design Patterns
- March 27, 2017, ISTC for Big Data Blog, “ISTC Releases Open Source Code for BigDAWG Polystore System”
- August 13, 2015, ISTC for Big Data Blog, “ISTC to Unveil New Big Data Federation Architecture at VLDB 2015“
- August 20, 2014, ISTC for Big Data Blog, “Towards a Common Programming Model for Big Data”
OpenCL Programming Guide, Addison Wesley, 2011, Aaftab Munshi, Ben Gaster, Timothy G. Mattson, James Fung, and Dan Ginsburg, ISBN: 0321749642
Introduction to concurrency in programming languages, CRC Press, 2009, Matthew J. Sottile, Timothy G. Mattson, and Craig E Rasmussen, ISBN: 1420072137
Patterns for Parallel Programming, Addison Wesley, Design Patterns series, 2004, Timothy G. Mattson, Beverly A. Sanders and Berna L. Massingill, ISBN: 0321228111